• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    > That's exactly my point. The statements I quoted don't sound relative at all, also not in their original context.

I'm not supporting your opinion. There may be some room of speculation in Geits statement, but as an Efika user I unterstand and can stress his statement, namely the relativly fast memory speed. It should be clear that the Efika's memory speed can't compete with the memory speed of a Mac mini or Powermac G4 MDD. The limiting factor is the CPU, because someone/something has to copy the content from/to memory...
    And Geit is right, if he stresses the better memory timing of the Efika, in comparison to a Pegasos board (no matter which one), which has a quite conservative memory timing.

> Fair enough. As I see it, your figures prove that the Efika does not "den G3 600 steckt es locker weg", even when Peg1 G3 and Peg2 G3 are on par in terms of memory performance.

Maybe you are right in absolute numbers for some statistics, but the user experience gives him (and me, supporting his opinion) right.
  • »03.09.11 - 12:49