• MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

pega-1 schrieb:

I have to admit that it was purely speculative from my side that anything below 500MHz would use MPC7400/MPC7410 and anything equal or above would be MPC7450 (or equally) based.
    My statement is solely down to the fact that MorphOS for PowerMac didn't work with MPC7400/MPC7410 at that time.
    We are trying to resolve this issue before release of 2.6, though, last but not least to increase the potentially available hardware base.

I would like to point out that 2.6 will also support the early MPC7400/10 configurations of PowerMac3,1 to 3,4 as of now. We successfully tested a PowerMac 3,3 with a default G4 400MHz setup this weekend which worked fine with a current 2.6 test release.
    So even if you find one of those (probably cheap to buy) early G4 PMacs you should be able to run MorphOS out of the box on it .....
    You still can get a accelerator card for it later on if you really need it .....

And to avoid the natural question now ... MorphOS 2.6 will be released when we consider it ready to be released ...... :-)
  • »26.09.10 - 22:26
    Profile Visit Website