• MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf schrieb:

"...PowerMac G4 support including models PowerMac3,1 to PowerMac3,6 with the requirement of [...] at least a 500MHz cpu card. The cpu part is still a bit open since we don't have machines with < 1GHz G4 CPUs for testing really and there are some known problems for the original low end 350/400/450/466MHz cards found in PowerMac3,1 to PowerMac3,4"

So it's seemingly not a matter of the type of MPC74xx (MPC7400 or MPC7410 or whatever) but a matter of the clocking, for whatever reason which pega-1 didn't explain. At least that's how I've understood his statement.

I have to admit that it was purely speculative from my side that anything below 500MHz would use MPC7400/MPC7410 and anything equal or above would be MPC7450 (or equally) based.
    My statement is solely down to the fact that MorphOS for PowerMac didn't work with MPC7400/MPC7410 at that time.
    We are trying to resolve this issue before release of 2.6, though, last but not least to increase the potentially available hardware base.
    Regarding optional/additional CPU card expansion it's difficult to say what is going to work and what's not. Noone in his sane mind should expect that we are able to test each and every model/config around beforehand.
    We depend on user feedback once MorphOS 2.6 is released. At least it can be tested at no cost ....
  • »02.09.10 - 02:47
    Profile Visit Website