• Just looking around
    g4QS_redux
    @Andreas:

> With consideration of the thread concept it doesn't make sense
    > to reply to a certain posting and also answer multiple other
    > postings and other users with it.

Ok, I was not aware of that and I apologize for being incoherent. I do not use these functions, for I am not used to it from other forums I frequent, and I have no intentions of using these functions in the future. Yet, considering all of these aspects I think it is not worth the efforts to ensure that nobody finds strange what I write.

> And btw, if you're not interested in what the source for it is
    > then you shouldn't have answered my wondering with your easy to
    > refute theories in the first place :-P

I already stated what kind of information I am interested in and I guess you should leave it up to me which wonderings I intend to answer and which ones I neglect. Thank you.

> Opposed to what boot_wb's list says I do *not* believe that
    > Apple restricted the PowerMac3,1 in specs to 1 GiB RAM because
    > I have *proof* (see my links) that they listed it as supporting
    > up to 1.5 GiB RAM at release time in 1999.

Come on, you're not talking about your link

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP123

now, are you? Or rather about another one?

As you can see yourself this one was updated in October 2008. Thus, it does not equal the information at release time in 1999, for who knows what parts of the information provided were added/removed/have changed. If you are interested in historical aspects you might think of considering historical sources. Whatever Apple provided as information in 1999, the information available on their web site today was written with users of 2008 in mind.

As I do not want to argue about this any longer I am off now and you, Andreas, might or might not find somebody else to discuss it, full stop.
  • »01.09.10 - 04:46