• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    > I was hoping to be able to use thee Soundblaster Live

You know the answer:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6826&forum=11
    >

Having had the reassurance of this once before doesn't explain to me how a card with plug and play functions for a PC that has no drivers for a Mac what so ever is going to work under MorphOS.

Similar questions, regardless of prior answers, bother me about running other cards that work on the Pegasos but were never designed for Mac compatibility.

Further, as far as on board BIOS go, my company was building 68K based systems in the 80's the used standard ET4000 based ISA video cards. We weren't bothered by the lack of BIOS support as our drivers didn't use the BIOS.

In fact, unless hardware variations (register locations, etc.) occur amongst similar cards that use the same components, then the BIOS is relatively unnecessary.

We only ran into problems with cards that weren't based on the Tseng Labs reference design.

Frankly, I don't even understand how a Pegasos would uses a PC BIOS. I've heard that there is some use of X86 emulation, but as I've mentioned before it seems unnecessary as hardware can be accessed without BIOS calls.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »25.08.10 - 00:24