|||
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Yeah, compared to Charlie Sheen's hobbies, its cheap.

No, my Powermac was cheap, an X1000is about £1,876.00.

That's just a little shy of $3000.

[ Edited by Jim 16.04.2012 - 17:40 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »16.04.12 - 20:39
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Update:

> Result with two cores running:
    > "1080p videos are a little bit too slow."
    > http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6338#85587

Now with two cores and hardware acceleration for graphics:

"1080p videos [...] work but not absolut smooth"
    http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?p=13033#p13033
  • »11.05.12 - 08:32
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Jim,
    Quote:

Once again, why port to this machine when G5 Macs are cheaper, plentiful, and just as powerful?

I know I am quoting a very old posting with the above, but it is a wise statement that still applies, if not more applicable.

I think that the faster models of the G5 PowerMac (2.3GHz & faster models) are definitely, substantially faster than the 1.8GHz PA6T AmigaOne X1000 in almost every kind of benchmark, except one (memory read/write). Also the prices of the G5 PowerMac's seem to have fallen even faster than prices for the G4 PowerMac's, so the price to power ratio has gotten even better for buying and using a G5 PowerMac.

Compared to the G4 PowerMac's we can use now, the G5 PowerMac's with their 8x AGP slot coupled with the G5 CPU to unlock more graphics performance from the faster video cards we can use in them, the G5 PowerMac models look even better as a possible porting target for MorphOS3.x some time in the future after all the work is done supporting the G4 PowerBook's.

MorphOS3.x on a 2.7GHz G5 must be an absolute screamer, with the several speed advantages it has over any of the G4 Mac models. Also, the perception that all liquid cooled G5 PowerMac models are not reliable is somewhat exaggerated. Once any coolant leaks are repaired, or the LCS is replaced with the more reliable Panasonic LCS, they are just as reliable as most other computer designs.

I trust my corrosion removal and resealing of my LCS system.

[ Edited by amigadave 12.05.2012 - 14:10 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »13.05.12 - 01:03