• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    The supported eMac is AFAIK running at 1.25GHz, making it (together with the Mac Mini 1.25GHz model) the slowest of MorphOS supported Mac's.

You want to compare *the slowest existing* MorphOS Mac offer to some hardware that...

1. is not even here yet but still in a vapor state
    2. is still unknown when it comes to real world performance and quality
    3. at least *should* be the fastest hardware for OS4 if it ever gets released, but...
    4. is unknown on how well OS4 really makes use of the features (i.e. driver support, optimizations, etc)

That is a rather peculiar request IMHO?

I think it would be interesting to see a new performance test like the Obligement comparison (the same tests could be conducted), but while the original Obligement test strictly compared the performance of the OS's (since it was conducted on the very same hardware), I think it would be interesting to see a comparison that includes *both* the HW performance of the available options, *and* what the OS's can make out of it. In other words, a real world test of what true performance and experience the end-user could expect by choosing between *available* options.

For example running the entire Obligement test on:
    OS4.1.2 on Sam and Pegasos2.
    MorphOS 2.5 on eMac 1.25GHz and Mac Mini 1.5GHz.

Then we would get a useful, real life test of the most popular options available.

But asking for comparisons of HW that's not even here yet, HW with unknown specs and performance, HW that none of the OS's in question really supports yet, well then we are moving into the twilight zone. And while in the twilight zone, why not compare the "X1000" to the PowerBook 1.67GHz or the fastest PowerMac G4? Or simply ask the question "Which will boot faster, be more stable, have better video playback (i.e. all your questions in the initial post) of the best HW that OS4 will support in the future and the best HW that MorphOS will support in the future?". Who knows, maybe that will even include x86 motherboards? ;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »27.06.10 - 08:54