• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    Quote:

jcmarcos wrote:
    Quote:

serge wrote:

I think it's stupid to compare the ultra optimised Quake3 MorphOS version and the AmigaOS4 version on X1000 with lot of debug outputs activated and PCIe ATI Radeon R700 graphic drivers under developement.

Better say it's unfair advantage... Which immediately takes me back to one of the first Amiga press adverts:

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/adverts/creatad1.jpg

Couldn't resist!

Quote:

The only real X1000 problem is the price around 1800 euros. It's the suicide of the best hardware planned since last 25 years.

If you mean that this is the best hardware in the past 25 years... I think much more interesting hardware has been designed since then. As a bothering example, take Microsoft's XBox 360. You don't even have to abandon PowerPC space.

The new version, jsut on sale now, has a new chip with the CPU, the GPU (!) and the RAM (!!!) all stacked in the same component! Such a moster is selling for peanuts. Indeed you're right about seeking markets first.

Can I have the MorphOS logo on a Microsoft branded device? Pleeeee...

sorry, but this is not the subject.
    We are discussing about hardware made or supported by AmigaOS and MorphOS and not about all the f.cking machines all other the world.
    If you want an Xbox360 instead of a Powermac or X1000, I would like to have a PS3 ;-)

Sorry, but X1000 "on the paper specs" is the best hardware for Amiga since the begining. This is the truth and nothing more.
  • »25.06.10 - 12:33