• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Quote:

PPC on the desktop is dead since Apple has switched, that's for sure. But high end and embedded is still there. recently the embedded market loked as it was lost too. Freescale focusing more or less only on ARM and QorIQ. But it seems there ist still demand for ppc in the embedded world.
    And while a 400MHz e300 is definitely nothing for serious computing today I am still surprised how useful an Efika can be (with more RAM it would be even more useful). For very basic stuff it is pretty useable, even OWB works surprisigly good on it (if only more RAM was available).

of course i totally agree with it.
    It was already proven with the Efika that MorphOS can run well on very low end hardware, and in a brillant way. But i don't see the point in trying all freescale embedded stuff, i'd prefer morphOS now to try finding a high-end platform, something we miss since the Pegasos 2 (mac minis and powermacs don't make a huge difference, they improve a bit), something that will happen with the X1000 on the other side. The X1000 may be the last chance for MorphOS to get fast hardware before the unevitable switch to x86 starts being worked on.
  • »11.04.10 - 16:35