• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > More sales meens licence price can come down. Its simple math.

The reduction in price actually depends on how much sales you anticipate. So it's not just simple math but also market assessment. That's the part where you can easily fail miserably, even as a graduated mathematician.

> Now try Morphos on sd or usb stick for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worth over £159.99 when
    > you buy the new MorphPAD! We sell 15000 units and a contirbution goes to the
    > MOS Team...... say £50 for each unit....

How's that MorphOS for free when 50 GBP of the price for the package go to the MorphOS Team? Wouldn't that amount to exactly 50 GBP for one MorphOS license? Otherwise, that sounds like a plan. Now you just have to go ahead with it, convince the MorphOS Team and sell your 15,000 MorphPADs :-)

> A9 Tablet for £100 plus mos £50 contribution and shipping = <199 worldwide!!!!!

Ah okay, you were talking GBP all along, not USD. For 199 GBP you wouldn't even have to sacrifice on the current MorphOS price.

> ARM or PPC dont matter you can still run an emulator for old stuff.

For a completely boxed emulation like UAE this is certainly true. For a seemless one like currently implemented in MorphOS PPC I'm not convinced.

> I think the MorphPAD could also be the first G4 PPC Mac in a Tablet in the world also.

Yeah, more like a 400 MHz or below "G4 PPC Mac in a Tablet" and lacking AltiVec ;-)

> I visioned the MorphPAD in the Genesi developer forums about 4 years ago

They wanted to do a PPC tablet but as we all know the plans they had for the MPC5121e didn't work out:

http://bbrv.blogspot.com/2008/06/cherrypal-et-al.html
  • »17.08.11 - 18:25