• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    Quote:

But I had a look around anyway and it's true that there's quite a number of Cortex-A9 based tablets in the price range paradasa mentioned, i.e. 180 GBP (293 USD) or below. The cheapest one I was able to find for actual purchase was this one at 800 MHz for 170 USD:

AFAIK there were 2 tablets with the same chip going to come out at below $100 sometime around March / April.

If you are Chinese and know the right shop in the right part of China this might actually be true. For the rest of us that means eBay shops. There's a whole heap of A9 tablets around £100.

Unfortunately if they're anything like the one I've seen I'd not even considering ordering them. The tablet makers tend to throw on any version of Android they can get their hands on. Usually an old non-tablet version with at best semi-functional drivers. I have the distinct impression that software testing at some companies consists of checking if the machine boots!

Thankfully, that seems to be changing but I'm not sure it's made it to devices yet.

BTW The amlogic chip itself is fine but nothing spectacular. It was designed to be cheap and probably sells for $5 or something equally silly.
  • »13.08.11 - 03:40
    Profile Visit Website