• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    I think this A-Eon thing will be not very cheap, but probably fairly powerful. Details known or implicity said are: 2 core ppc chip, not a 32 bit ppc and a SoC. This rules virtually all other PPCs out exept the PA Semi PA1682. Generally it is assumed that since Apple took over PA Semi no new customers are able to obtain chips, but who actually has approached PA Semi?
    Anyway,I think Hyperion did a good marketing stance here, it really stirs something up. And I also still guess that while AOS4 and MorphOS are rivals on the one hand, thy are also so close together, that everything which caters one side may have positive aspects for the other side, too. I. e. if there wil be a PWRficient board available this will be covered an many sites and will get some interest. Some ppl will read about all the drama in Amigaland and get to know not only AOS4, but also MorphOS.
    But first, lets see what this current show will offer in its finale next days. And a good hardware (well, given it will be good) alone doesn't help - to be competetive OS4 would need huge improvements and there I have my serious doubts... But I am willing to get positively surprised.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »03.01.10 - 15:58
    Profile Visit Website