• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Roland schrieb:
    What would one do, with faster hardware? I have a Mac Mini and I hardly have performance issues. The issues we do have are more or less software related (for example SMB).

If you can work and life with MorphOS 100% of the time, then new hardware can be nice if there is software that can use it. Even in Microsoftland, there is still software that can't use multiprocessor. Sure the scheduler can assign processes to cores but 4 processes using 1% of a core, isn't better than 1 core with 4% load.

I think the main aim of the X2000 is not to outclass the X1000, but to warrant supply. The PA6Ts are that crazy expensive (and rare) that a new design probably does the math even with the anticipated low production runs.
    If they now skip this useless Xorro nonsense and keep the design rather simple (and hence not crazy expensive) it would be at least way more attractive than the X1000.
    Step in the right direction at least, good luck for Trevor.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »08.07.13 - 13:37
    Profile Visit Website