• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Andreas_Wolf wrote:

"> Much can be mistaken between spoken and written English.

Yes, of course, but as it's all written English here on MZ this couldn't be the cause for any misunderstanding here, could it?"

I will try to tackle the rest of your large post later, but will address the above statement now.

Many, if not most people write forum postings in the same style and wording as they would speak to another person, but in writing you do not have the advantage of hearing the inflections of tone in the words, nor seeing the appearance of a persons actions and facial expressions, so I do not agree with you that because all communication on this forum is written, that mistakes cannot occur between two persons understanding of what is being communicated.

In fact, I will go one step further and state that I have never experienced anyone other than yourself that expresses themselves so exactly and carefully in forum postings and analyzes other forum postings so literally and critically to find fault in them, or skew their meaning to suit your understanding, or for your entertainment.

This, as you no doubt have noticed in the past, is a great source of annoyance to some, including myself, who frequent this forum. In my experience, most forum posters come here for casual entertainment and news and do not wish to be criticized and analyzed for every word they type, and so are not so careful in the way that they type every sentence of every forum posting they write.

Edit: I would guess that some members and guests to this forum might even be reluctant to post any messages here and choose just to lurk, to avoid such constant and annoying criticism of their postings. So please think about the possible results of your actions before you begin such critical investigations (or attacks) on other people's postings.

[ Edited by amigadave 29.08.2011 - 09:57 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.08.11 - 17:52