• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    HenryCase
    @Andreas_Wolf
    Quote:

True, thanks again for you taking your time for this, even if it didn't help me in any way with why I wanted a native English speaker to give his opinion.

Why did you ask for the opinion of a native speaker? Did you want the true perspective of a native speaker or did you just want someone to back you up?

Quote:

You as a native English speaker now say that Velcro_SP might have made a *mistake* in his sentence?

Here we go again. Look, I've explained before, Velcro_SP didn't word what he wanted to say perfectly (in my opinion), yet I understood what Velcro_SP was trying to say. The 'mistakes' are just a little roughness with the words, the key thing that the message was clear enough.

Quote:

implicitly retract the former statement?

In your fantasy he retracted the former statement, in reality he entertained the idea that you may be correct, that is not the same thing.

Honestly, I'm done with this conversation, you clearly aren't willing to listen to anyone else's point of view that doesn't fall in line with your own. Carry on doing what you do, but I won't reply to this thread again, even if you try to bait me to do so.

[ Edited by HenryCase 28.08.2011 - 18:23 ]
  • »28.08.11 - 18:22