• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    HenryCase
    @Andreas_Wolf
    Quote:

So you say that Vecro_SP's statement

"It is a substantial mistake to inform MZ readers that the "CherryPad 2" has been reviewed, when not only hasn't it been reviewed, but it hasn't been sold"

is equal in meaning to

"It is a substantial mistake to inform MZ readers that the "CherryPad 2" has been reviewed, however it not only hasn't been reviewed, but it hasn't been sold"

...right?

Nope. The 'however' example was merely presenting you with a thought exercise so you could appreciate what I meant by 'loose connection', I was not stating it was a word you could use as a direct replacement.

I'm currently feeling too happy to go through the tedium of multi-quote replies. I've done what I need to in this thread now, you asked for a native English speaker's perspective, I gave you this.

Just as a general piece of advice, if you want to enhance your English skills, try to think like a native speaker. Whilst the skill in speaking a language comes from using it to express yourself as accurately as possible, the skill in listening to others speak a language is different. Simply put, the more advanced you are at listening to someone speaking a language, the more you can adjust for their mistakes and still understand what they're saying. Something for you to consider in the future.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, got some tasty food to look forward to, no time to chat.

See ya.
  • »28.08.11 - 14:33