• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

pampers wrote:
    I think i will never undestand how MorphOS might be attractive on such a a slow and ugly machine. Let's go forward, not backward...

The only attraction I can see for porting to such a low spec laptop would be to attract the larger AmigaOS3.x and some of the AmigaOS4.x users to try out MorphOS with hopes that they will see the light and end up becoming part of the MorphOS community. If the port to a Cherrypal laptop will not significantly take time away from other more desireable MorphOS ports, or improvements, then I say "why not do it". I am sure the "First True Laptop" for an Amiga(like) OS will generate a lot of hoopla, even if it is not a very good laptop to run anything. If it runs as well as it does on an Efika, it will not be a bad experience. The 256mb of RAM should be enough for most applications on such a low spec laptop. What graphics card or chip does it have and what is the amount of VRAM available?

Getting more users can only be a good thing as it brings more money to motivate some of the MorphOS Developer Team members and it increases the size of the total MorphOS user base and makes it more attractive to any third party software or hardware developers to create anything for us to use.

More users may also bring a few more new programmers to create more content to run on MorphOS, or to improve existing content.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/12/16 15:34 ]

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/12/16 15:40 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »16.12.09 - 23:31