• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Dreamcast270mhz
    Quote:

Pega-1 wrote:
    Well, let's see where we are at when MorphOS for PowerMac is actually released :)
    Currently it doesn't really look like it will be released with next MorphOS 2.x update. It is progressing very slowly and actually holds up releasing some interesting bug fixes.
    It has not finally been decided yet but PowerMac support probably won't make it into the next update, namely 2.5.
    IMHO Ralph was way too optimistic announcing it for the next update and actually I was surprised by that early announcement as well, really.

Considering this, I have my hopes shaken a bit that we won't have Powermac G4 in 2.5. I need to know for certain if this whole announcement is now null & void.

@Andreas
    The Gigabit model is almost totally identical to the sawtooth, the Quicksilver is basically an extension of the Sawtooth, nothing more, I think the "Yikes!" model with PCI graphics will be the odd one out, of course, I may be wrong.

@thread
    I was thinking, where I am PowerMac G4s are VERY cheap. I'm thinking about picking up a few Quicksilvers and refurbishing them to prepare for MOS 2.5.
    My Macs:
    Powerbook G4 ALU 1.5GHZ 15" 1.5GB OSX.5.8
    Powermac G4 MDD 1.5GHZ OSX.5.8 MOS2.7

Want a part for a Mac? Let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Amithlon is amazing, questions and help I can provide.
  • »05.03.10 - 01:13