• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:

'Some people' understand this quite well, in fact. However, the real fact is that the price elasticity is fully dependent on consumer perceptions that can only be changed if you openly challenge them. One approach is to ask why someone is willing to spend 500 EUR on a second or third Powerbook to run MorphOS on but hesitates to pay a fraction of that sum on a second or third MorphOS license, for instance.

No offense intended, but in my view that comment only shows lack of understanding of the PED concept.

Quote:

It would seem presumptuous to me if one assumed that the unavailability of multi-license discounts or public questioning of the concept are simply symptoms of ignorance. The reality is that many long-running software companies are successfully marketing products to private consumers, yet do not offer discounts for sales of less than five licenses nor family licenses either.

You do what you have to do. And again for the record, I bought it. Partly (maybe 50% of my purchase decision) because I found it worth its price, partly because I want to support you.

A pity (but an interesting observation) that this thread turned into *yet another* MorphOS price discussion. Like we haven't had enough of those...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »02.01.10 - 11:01