• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Dreamcast270mhz
    @takemehomegrandma

I don't think x86 is a good platform and you know my stance, but look at it this way:

MOS 3.0 is on x86, we get active advertising etc. needed to draw a crowd. Well, with a such a small group of devs, however skilled, they con't add PCIe support, lets just say they have to omit a such feature. We'd be massacred by Wintel if we did that.

So, the PPC platform, however shaky/expensive it is, is keeping MOS from perishing like BeOS, technically more powerful than Wintel, but still failing in the face of mass marketing. An X86 port would also alienate many a dedicated users, especially if the PPC side was ceased altogether, including me. I know you have the faith that it will move to a cheaper platform, but i think jumping to x86 is not ever going to be the answer. I think, with the Amiga community slowly growing or so it seems, we will get a larger userbase. So, at least allow the devs to finish the ports to G4 macs, and then we will talk about the advancement of MOS. I think, it should be an open forum vote as to the future of MOS after the g4 ports are completed. I, personally, would like to proceed to G5, and then we can start looking at ARM :)

[ Edited by Dreamcast270mhz on 2009/12/31 9:05 ]
    My Macs:
    Powerbook G4 ALU 1.5GHZ 15" 1.5GB OSX.5.8
    Powermac G4 MDD 1.5GHZ OSX.5.8 MOS2.7

Want a part for a Mac? Let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Amithlon is amazing, questions and help I can provide.
  • »31.12.09 - 14:04