• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Acill,

I understand. The licensing scheme is not ideal for the users, but I guess it is the best fit for the Development Team, as it is one form of strong anti-piracy protection and the way it is set up, it is very low maintenance for them as most of it is automated.

Perhaps if someone could invent a better way for the team to protect their hard work to replace the method that now ties the license to the hardware, and then convince the team to use it instead, we could have a system where we could move our MorphOS license from one machine to another. In a perfect World the team would not need to protect their work from pirates, but alas, we do not live in a perfect World.

I know that many think the answer is just to lower the price, instead of trying to figure out a better license mechanism, but I don't know if or when that will ever happen and personally, I don't mind the price too much, even on my limited income. I think that we have to realize the amount of work that has gone into it and the small reward the team gets back in return, due to the tiny size of the user base. If the user base can help increase the number of users, we may be helping ourselves by giving the Development Team more incentive to lower the price.

So, I will be willing to purchase one more license for a G4 PowerMac when it is released if, as you say, it supports most of the hardware features of the PowerMac, like the PCI slots, Ethernet NIC, etc. As I have said before, I would much rather have MorphOS support the G5 PowerMac, so it could be more useful as a dual boot, or triple boot machine running MacOSX and perhaps Linux, but that will have to wait for another time, if it ever happens, so I will be happy with what we have now and not worry about what is going to happen with MorphOS in the future.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »25.12.09 - 06:35