My Mac mini's issues
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    Hello,

Using my MorphOS for a while, there are a few annoying stuff which I will post here, hoping that there is a workaround for that. BTW I think a separate MorphOS 2.4 FAQ should be compiled out of the posts in this very forum because there have been already several "issues" threads and it is pretty hard to follow all of them.

1. How to change date in my clock??? It still shows CEST, I switch to CET manually, then save and/or use. After rebooting it's still CEST. This sucks!

2. Why in the hell MorphOS only sees maximum of 60 items (e.g. files) in MacOS filesystem's folder? I wish to play stuff from my iTunes folder, alas I can see only 60 items.

3. When I use AmigaFuture CD, I cannot go "up" in the folder tree, all icons are dumb, all I can do is click on MyMorphOS and start from the beginning. This is really annoying since ive got a 30+ AF CDs and wish to explore them some time

4. It was shown somewhere once, how to make the Mac boot MorphOS primarilly?

5. Any books, e-books, tshirts yet? :-) BTW what's the www address of Ruud's shop?
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »08.11.09 - 13:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    1., MorphOS doesn't really have a timezone infrastructure yet. So setting the timezone won't affect the clock itself, which is read from the hardware on boot. And Mac OS X sets it to UTC time.

2., Probably you've found a bug in the HFS+ filesystem..? :-)

3., No idea.

4., It's described in the MorphOS dualboot howto PDF.

5., No idea? :)
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »08.11.09 - 13:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    xyphoid
    Ywa it's a bug, and I experience it also I can only see those files through a shell command on a Hfs+ drive.
  • »08.11.09 - 14:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    Quote:

1., MorphOS doesn't really have a timezone infrastructure yet. So setting the timezone won't affect the clock itself, which is read from the hardware on boot. And Mac OS X sets it to UTC time.

So are you telling me that I cannot save my CET time since MorphOS reads out UTC anyway everytime it boots? This is stupid. But I can live with it, OK. Happy enough to just have set PolyNet finally...
  • »08.11.09 - 15:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    5. No www address at the moment. I bought three mini's to resell and all have gone now. I'm currently looking to get some more but the price needs to be right - the initial release of Morphos 2.4 caused a surge in prices for 1.5ghz models on ebay. Time and money are also a factor - there's another morphos related project I want to get started on, which maybe more important than selling a few mini's.
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »08.11.09 - 15:35
  • Just looking around
    Truck
    re: timezone -
    Don't be like Truck and have your locale/timezone set to UTC. (I swear I changed it to Helsinki, but noOoooOoo (: I must have hit 'use' and not 'save.')
    Once you've got it set to your timezone, you can use the SetClockNTP command to synch to an ntp server, and that should fix the issue.

I haven't yet put this in my network-startup, but I may do such. It was suggested to me that I not put it in user-startup as depending on your network situation, you may not be connected and able to resolve the ntp server when user-startup executes.
  • »08.11.09 - 15:47
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    stephen_robinson
    This looks like a good place to ask any questions:-

Is there anyway to show the amount of free/used graphics memory?

Err.. can't think of anymore.. :-)
  • »08.11.09 - 17:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Ruud
    @stephen_robinson

Showing the free/used gfx mem isn't possible at the moment. I don't know the technicalities, just that's what I was told when I and others suggested it for an sbar module.
    "We live, we die, we laugh, we cry"
  • »08.11.09 - 18:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    @Ruud

What about merchandise??

I mean c' mon. Did ANYBODY bothered yet the MorphOS team to make a T-shirt regarding their IP rights??? (Or is the butterfly in public domain maybe?).

Anyway I think it is stupid. Someone said on the counter thread there's 100 2.4 licences in a month already. Why the hell there's no 10 Eur t-shirts on ebay yet???

I think 200 pcs would be sold in 48 hrs. I am really far too busy to do it but... anybody?? Ruud? :-)
  • »08.11.09 - 20:26