• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    Quote:

HammerD wrote:
    @DiskDoctor

They come up on ebay from time to time and local for sale sites. I had no problem securing two 1.5 PPC Mac Minis locally.

You're in Canada, man, Macs aren't such popular in Eastern Block, at least they weren't at their PPC glory time. I live in Poland which has 40 M inhabitatns. Now I searched locally and got only two G4 Minis...

OK but then you are forced to hunt for one, don't have that spec range option, also person not knowing the pricing scheme might be prone to pricing fluctuations on auctions. I try to use local ebay for most of my relevant shopping / dumping but always use buy/sell now option. Most things have their stable market value, just have to wait.

Besides think of people saving for macs. How much should they save and assunimg they got the amount, when are they gonna get the Mini?

I myself would surely spend some margin on not having to deal with such uncertainities.

One more - remember that you always take some risk on ebay - both credibility and condition. That's again, worth some extra money to secure oneself, at least in my case it would.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »04.10.09 - 17:14