Topic is Locked
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

DiskDoctor wrote:

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:

No driver, be it with or w/o some 'security option' is being worked on at the moment. Again: there is NO MAC MINI WIFI DRIVER.

On this very forum I seem to have read some statement not necessarily similar made by the person whose origin was not precisely known to me. It's your fault guys that your opinions are mixed with gossips. I really have troubles in distinguishing statements from deliberations. Go write a FAQ, man!!! Unless this all policy is to keep assuring Hyperion that MOS is being developed only by random.

Sorry folks, this all comes from the fact that I read the wifi w/o security is ready but won't be released for a security reason. At least we're having a chat, aren't we?

Where on this forum did you read about the wifi being done and by who? I don't remember seeing it anywhere, specially not here on this forum, but I might have missed it. Although, this site does not get that many forum posts and I think I visit here at least once or twice a day to check for new postings.

By your own admission you do not know who the person is, or weather he/she is part of the Dev Team, so what they wrote about the wifi, if they wrote what you are claiming, may have been completely false. If I were you, I would not make any assumptions about features in the next release of MorphOS unless you are SURE that the person writing about it here on these forums is part of the Dev Team.

I also don't think you should be writing that it is our fault, or that OUR opinions are mixed with gossip when it is YOU that are spreading gossip and FUD about things that you have no first hand knowledge of. That by definition is what gossip is, spreading unconfirmed information, usually something that is detrimental to another, or to a group, project, product, or company.

Please provide a link to the thread you are referring to (if you can), that talks about the wifi for the MacMini already being finished, so you can at least partially prove me wrong.

If you can't, then please stop trying to place the blame on others and start looking in the mirror.

Edit: I did a search on all the forums here for the past few weeks and all I could find regarding wifi for MorphOS on the MacMini is this quote from Pega1, who I am pretty sure is part of the Dev Team, or he is a beta tester.

Written on 9/15/2009 by Pega1:
    Quote:

Well, I think that it will be released this year still holds true :)
    Unfortunately, with the release of 2.3 many USB issues still showed up which we expected to have fixed and which didnt actually show up in our release candidate testing .....
    Actually, the mac mini core driver components are ready for quite a while now (except wifi & bluetooth - which I wouldnt really consider core, anyway) and we have a closed beta tester group for quite some time as well.

Note the sentence that states in parentheses, "except wifi & bluetooth".

[ Edited by amigadave on 2009/9/29 22:56 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »30.09.09 - 05:53
Topic is Locked