Topic is Locked
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Hey, we are all sorry you don't have any money and had to move to a place that does not have an Internet connection for you, but WAAAAAH, how is that the problem of the MOS Dev Team? And what the heck does this have to do with the "Moana stuff"?

Please reread my previos post and report doing so before you post again in this very topic. I didn't write I have no internet access. The free access provided here is via WiFi only. Also, there's no such thing as place without internet, man, see: GPRS, Globalstar etc so don't be ridiculous, please. On the dark side, mayby there, but not here.

I quoted Moana because moana has no network support, neither my MOS/ Mini is gonna.

And what is having money anyway, man? I still got significant credit limit but the point I touched wasn't about spending money, it was about wasting money. Well this limit is no more in my case.

Quote:

pampers wrote:

It was said a good couple of weeks ago, that there won't be WIFI support on MorphOS for MacMini.

That's right. But recently someone stated in some other thread that WPA requires work while no security option is ready but won't be included.

Quote:

Diskdoctor: If you can afford a new Sam, you cannot afford an access point, connected through lan?

Please try to read your sentence backwards. If I ought to buy MOS licence and if I seem to be capable of affording WiFi2ethernet applience also, maybe I am too, capable of getting Sam right now?

Another alternative is just buying the bloody appliance and giving up the OS fee. Or waiting for the wifi, possibly 201x and simultaneously waiting for Sam funds... I dunno, man, fortunately the new flat is just great!

Quote:

I'd prefer to have no WIFI than to wait longer for MosMini release.

Me too but as I understood some other post, this is not the issue of waiting anymore, that's the issue of deciding wheather to include the raw functionality or not.

Security reasons? Who in the known part of the universe is gonna hack my Mac Mini with MorphOS on it - you guys are just nuts.

Quote:

xyphoid wrote:
    It may not be supported initially, due to the fact that it is not a "portable" system,

No way Mini IS portabe. You've got 7 inch LCDs (see: netbook market), you've got DVI2S-Video adapter for a TV set (I got one). The Mini is portable, indeed, maybe not to you. It just lacks a built in screen.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »28.09.09 - 19:34
Topic is Locked