Topic is Locked
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    silverf0x0
    Well, I got my efika by very few mounths (3 or 4...), I did had much fun to make my own wooden case (which it's still uncomplete) and to setup it...
    Now I can say that I didn't buy the efika for morphos (even if I was very curious...), the Efika had many caratheristics which I was looking for to setup a small server and automize some jobs (....and it don't bring down its value too much, compared to other hardware...).
    So I decided to partitioned my hd to give some space for morphos...(It would be stupid to not give a try...).
    What I can say, indeed it's a magnificient OS, I amazed to see how good run on such hardware...
    That's the very (and maybe only...) strong point of this OS (and maybe AOS4 too...) as there's very limited software, and not to tell you the pain which I suffered to get the documentation which I need (now I wasn't an Amiga user, I owned just an A600 in my childhood which I used to play, I did not even saw a graphic interface in the last tree years (just a windows tab manager....), as I'm happy with my freebsd on my T23...

Now, I'm still tring to figure out why should I pay 150 Eur., and I'm still tring to figure out the developes and some community's member attitude...
    I can understand myself which morphos can be use (for now...) just as a OS for fun, for amateurs guys, I can't see another use...
    The Amiga at his time was far away forward against any other computer in the multimedia sector, used in the production by many movie houses and televisions....
    ....I'm still tring to figure out why Morph and OS4 are considered new amigas OS...
    Your answer synthesize the community and developers philosophy.
    Did goals to catch up exist? Why the developers are producing the morph?
    Is their goal to not sell any more licence then 1000...
    Why should software houses produce some software when there are not users at all...
    I think it would be better to low the licence price in order to make more and more users, even if this policy doesn't produce profits in the short terms, it will bring more success in the long, or it will be very difficult to survive...
    It's a real shame for such a beaty OS.
  • »28.09.09 - 15:04
Topic is Locked