Topic is Locked
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Normally I am an easy going person that can sit back and absorb a lot of crap before it gets under my skin, but this is not one of those times.

Quote:

I owe a Mac Mini for almost four yeas. This January got back to Amiga world.

Unfortunately I have very little money this year so instead of buying the Sam (multiply the Eur prices x 4 here) I have been waiting for Morphos.

If you had your MacMini for 3+ years before getting back into the World of Amiga, then you must have purchased it to use MacOSX, or some other OS, so why cry about having to wait for MorphOS on the MacMini? I am pretty sure that MorphOS for the MacMini was not even announced when you purchased your MacMini. Also, if you are not happy about the time you have waited for MorphOS to be released on the MacMini, why would you want to add even more delays to its release by asking for wifi support?

Quote:

I know it isn't meant to support WiFi for now, the reason is "wpa requires intensive work, no security option is unacceptable".

I am sure that there were many reasons to postpone the support of the MacMini's wifi card, the amount of time it would take away from other important parts of porting MorphOS to the MacMini is just one of them.

Quote:

Now I was forced to move. The place here has only unsecured wifi. Previously I had an Apple Airport network in my home, providing access to PC (Win/Lin) and Mac. Also the cell phone was connecting to some Apple app remotely by wifi.

So anyway now I don't have any piece of cable here. As I said, I've been waiting for goddamn long just to have MorphOS on my Mac. Now it's no internet connectivity... Just like the Moana stuff, man!

Hey, we are all sorry you don't have any money and had to move to a place that does not have an Internet connection for you, but WAAAAAH, how is that the problem of the MOS Dev Team? And what the heck does this have to do with the "Moana stuff"?

Quote:

Anyway I know I can buy some appliance but wasting money is not what I need. Especially opposed to an argument pointed here that "no one is using unsecured wifi nowadays". So what?? I'm using one, I don't have NSA files on my computers, sharing policy is disabled now but if some redneck wants to hack in... Please come in! I don't care about people requiring attention anymore, I'm grown up.

To quote you I could just say "So what??" and tell you to grow up and act like a man, because your long tirade certainly does not appear to be the act of a "grown up".

Quote:

So to summarize, I don't like the idea of some mosteam members being so full of themselves to let go wifi or modem in the Mini. I should be greatful DVI will work on the other hand... The point is if I knew in January that the Mini version (due Oct or later though) would not support wifi, if I knew about the removal, I dunno, from my perspective now I'd be a Sam owner, on credit cards but hell yes.

Well then go get your SAM with your credit cards and have a NICE DAY! Where do you come off accusing the MOS Dev Team members of "being so full of themselves", just because they have made a decision (and a very good one IMHO) about what is more important to them and the majority of the MorphOS users? Here you are complaining about how long you have to wait for MorphOS to be released on the MacMini, but you want the team to spend a huge amount of their time to further delay its release, just so you will have wifi on your MacMini through MorphOS. Well I and a lot of other people have been waiting too and we don't want to wait longer just to have wifi support upon initial release of the MacMini version of MorphOS. If it gets done later, great, but I am not going to cry about it if the MOS Dev Team chooses other things to work on that are more important to them. And another thing, where did you see it written that the Dev Team EVER said that they were going to support wifi on the MacMini? Where do you get this idea that they "removed" it from their plans? The only thing I have seen is that some of the team members have stated that it would not be included in the first release.

Quote:

All I cannot understand is forcing me to waste money on a piece of wifi client with the cable. Just because of some "save the world secure ourselves" policy.

Therefore the money will come from the MOS license. Sorry guys, I don't think Sam or Peg price is stupid, it's just high. Now this is stupid. So you've got your system to do whatever it fits you, I got my license fee to spend on what I want to.

As others have stated, no one is forcing you to do anything. Did someone put a gun to your head when you bought your MacMini? Did they put a gun to your head when you decided to get back into the World of Amiga last January? I don't think so! I am not 100% sure about what you are referring to when you wrote "Now this is stupid", but I can tell you many things I have read in this thread that "I" think are stupid. And as for you silly threat of what you are going to do with your license fee, I am sure the MOS Dev Team is just crushed and will never recover from it. (sarcasm intended)

I am truly sorry that you are having any kind of financial trouble, I really am, as I know what that is like. I have not been able to work for over two years and most of my money goes toward health care costs and insurance, since my back surgery failed to provide me with any relief from the constant pain, but I am not going to blame the MOS Dev Team for that or anything else in my life. After all, LIFE is what you make of it!

So now you can go ahead and flame me for what I have written above, but it will only make you look even more childish than your original post has already done so.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.09.09 - 00:41
Topic is Locked