Topic is Locked
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    I owe a Mac Mini for almost four yeas. This January got back to Amiga world.

Unfortunately I have very little money this year so instead of buying the Sam (multiply the Eur prices x 4 here) I have been waiting for Morphos.

I know it isn't meant to support WiFi for now, the reason is "wpa requires intensive work, no security option is unacceptable".

Now I was forced to move. The place here has only unsecured wifi. Previously I had an Apple Airport network in my home, providing access to PC (Win/Lin) and Mac. Also the cell phone was connecting to some Apple app remotely by wifi.

So anyway now I don't have any piece of cable here. As I said, I've been waiting for goddamn long just to have MorphOS on my Mac. Now it's no internet connectivity... Just like the Moana stuff, man!

Anyway I know I can buy some appliance but wasting money is not what I need. Especially opposed to an argument pointed here that "no one is using unsecured wifi nowadays". So what?? I'm using one, I don't have NSA files on my computers, sharing policy is disabled now but if some redneck wants to hack in... Please come in! I don't care about people requiring attention anymore, I'm grown up.

So to summarize, I don't like the idea of some mosteam members being so full of themselves to let go wifi or modem in the Mini. I should be greatful DVI will work on the other hand... The point is if I knew in January that the Mini version (due Oct or later though) would not support wifi, if I knew about the removal, I dunno, from my perspective now I'd be a Sam owner, on credit cards but hell yes.

All I cannot understand is forcing me to waste money on a piece of wifi client with the cable. Just because of some "save the world secure ourselves" policy.

Therefore the money will come from the MOS license. Sorry guys, I don't think Sam or Peg price is stupid, it's just high. Now this is stupid. So you've got your system to do whatever it fits you, I got my license fee to spend on what I want to.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »27.09.09 - 21:09
Topic is Locked