• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    feanor
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:
    i don't deny the potential of Haiku, i've always been interested in it. I just hope there will be enough ressources in the future to maintain a PPC port (ARM is on its way to hit the netbook/net-top market, PPC is agonizing).

Well, if the users that are so interested in it

Quote:

So do you have in mind to work on the Open Server Workstation basis ("pegasos 3'), refresh the project and make it built by BPlan ? what part (appart from financially) do you plan to work on yourself ? And what kind of help would you need if any ? (some talented people around here may be of help)

I don't think I could use the same name. And no, there will not be a "Developer's program" like there was with Genesi -unless Freescale does the same thing as it did back then. There will be a few selected developers that will get free boards but on the basis that they work on something -and quite possibly financial help will be given also -eg. like in the case of Haiku/ppc.

Personally, I plan to work on the Linux port, at least initially, set up autobuilders, make sure I support some popular distros (Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSuse) but also make sure the Linux distro distributed with the system will be as optimised and as integrated to the hardware as possible -no generic kernels, if Altivec is supported by the CPU, provide as many optimizations as possible. The distro distributed will be a slimmed down version of some chosen one. I have come to the point to dislike most distros, they're bloated like hell. Even moblin sounds better come to think of it. Anyway it is *very* early to decide on the distro yet. OTOH, I might hire someone to do the Linux work for me, and just work on the Haiku side myself. When the time comes, I'm sure I'll make a new inquiry for talented people to show themselves :D
  • »25.09.09 - 21:53
    Profile Visit Website