• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    feanor
    Quote:

Velcro_SP wrote:
    ...you will see that vast majority those X86-based net-tops consume more power than the CherryPal.

Indeed! And they will actually be *usable* and able to act like a net-top. Hell, a <40Wt Atom+ION will be able to play 1080 movies, and it could actually be used for infinitely more things than just checking email and chat on IRC. I could actually use one for development!

Quote:

I'm well aware that CherryPal has said the device consumes two watts of power, but I never heard them say "maximum" like you just did. Can you back up you comment? Give a URL to somewhere where they say "maximum is 2 watts?" At boot it's more like 6.9 watts. In normal operation with a browser, I'd suspect 4 or 5. A 704 x 480 video probably 6 or 7. Just sitting there or using IRC, it may well be only 2.

"more like"? "Suspect"? "probably"? "may well be"? LOL, your arguments are overwhelming and on the edge of hilarious.

Seriously, I do share your "green" thinking about low-power devices, but there are plenty of low-power devices out there that do more and cost around the same. I've seen x86 netbooks that cost $250, they may suck, but they're definitely better choices.
  • »18.12.09 - 17:03
    Profile Visit Website