• ASiegel
    @ Velcro_SP

Quote:

I do note that Genesi is a competitor of CherryPal and Genesi followers have said CherryPal is dead. So I don't know if we're getting entirely unbiased opinion here. There's another side to the story.

There is another side to every story, obviously. In terms of bias, I have concluded quite a while ago that you are not willing to view Cherrypal for what it truly is.

When you were provided with information about x86-based products that offer either comparable or better power consumption (computer + display) than the Cherrypal 5121e-based product, you dismissed those for quite a while because they did not fit into your worldview.

You also refused to accept that Cherrypal deliberately *lied* about the real maximum power consumption of their product. I know *for a fact* that they have been warned about this long before they delivered the first boxes to buyers, yet they made the *conscious* decision to keep lying about the whole thing.

Quote:

The more important thing is whether or not a company delivers a product. I give CherryPal a hell of a lot of credit for delivering the original CherryPal computer, and now evidently these other things too.

It takes almost no effort whatsoever to do what Cherrypal have done. The are just a small non-exclusive reseller of products developed and manufactured by other people. Except for paying to have their logo put on a few units, they are hardly different from the one reseller on ebay who is importing original LimePCs to North America and Europe.
  • »18.12.09 - 15:32