• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Hi guys, I'm picking this thread up because I have a weird problem with my shiny new Blusens H96 26" LCD TV monitor. I was a happy ignorant chap, thinking this cool flat screens were as tolerant as oldie tube monsters.

Problem: No image is shown, nor SmartFirmware, nor my regular 1024 x 768 at 85 hz ambient desktop, nor a new monitor mode I made up, which was 1680 x 1050, and very close to the recommended 60 Hz for LCDs.

My great Targa Visionary huge 21" CRT monitor (found in the thrash!) copes with everything I throw at it (even the 1680 x 1050), but the new Blusens doesn't. Can it be a broken VGA cable? I guess not, because the Blusens is recognized by MorphOS via DDC (while the old Targa isn't, perhaps it doesn't do DDC at all).

By the way, MorphOS sees just up to 1366 x 768, but the manual says it's 1680 x 1050... while the web page says otherwise. Is MorphOS revelaing that I've been conned?

I still have to check a second VGA cable, which does have all the pins (unlike the one I have now, which misses one). Also I have to check with... shock... horror... a "regular computer", a laptop PC with VGA output. By the way, the new monitor doesn't have an "auto" button. It does have DVI connector, just like my Radeon 9250 has. But I don't have that cable. Can it guarantee a solution, or it isn't that different from regular VGA?

[ Edited by jcmarcos on 2009/7/13 10:13 ]
  • »13.07.09 - 09:09