• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    I will make some points about stuff discussed in previous pages of this thread:

There is still lots of work to be done @ AROS. It still runs on specific hardware and I am not willing -mainly for room issues- to set up a PC based on ten year old hardware just to check out AROS.

MorphOS on x86? Do not know... maybe. But it has to support modern x86 hardware -including gfx cards etc- and that is very difficult at the moment if not impossible. I would prefer x86 than ARM if you ask my opinion.

The new Efika has gone ARM and it costs about 800$ -just the board-. Do not know if MorphOS will run on it -do not think so- but I can point that I am tired of spending lots of money for limited hardware and it seems that it has to stop sometime. On the other hand I would spend ANY money for STRONG PPC hardware -a dual core g5 for example- that would run MorphOS, I will do the same for a STRONG x86 system.

My point is that MorphOS deserves to be hosted on strong and powerful systems, no matter if they are based on PPC or x86 technology. In this case it is worth the money for the software and the hardware,

Until something new appears I am sitll very satisfied with my silent and fast Peg2 that takes care on almost every daily computer task under mighty MorphOS.

[ Edited by CountRaven on 2009/6/5 14:37 ]
  • »05.06.09 - 13:23
    Profile Visit Website