• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    @mobydick whatever :-)

@thread

I posted this because I was pretty much sure no "official" MOS Dev communicate would appear. Its those guys' nature and I pay a lot of respect for it anyway, especially when the system doesn't come for free, I mean seriously, that's a temper :-)

The issue is simple not to say simplistic. There are tons of mac minis everywhere. Some are still in use (like mine but it is dying), some other gather dust in the attics, others are being fed fishes with. If some in-house actions appear only and they will (Amiga forums, Amiga Futire etc), lots of people would have a "brand new retro Amiga" machine, great cannot wait myself. But what in the hell is the problem to post this very information on Mac forums??? To the point - not just post it, post it wisely?

I say Mac people are 500 x more prone than Windows users to bother to read of such a weird stuff as MorphOS system. And more, they're 5 x more prone than Linux users. I heard some unreasonable voices trying to distinguish Mac people from Amiga people. Man! Nowadays certain % of people having a mac owned an Amiga. Just count all these Commodore sales and when do you think those people went mostly? I don't know the answer but... they're still there! Having Mac or Windows. I assume all psychologically, that the percentage of ex Amiga geeks that has Macs exceeds 1/3 of the total. Aren't these numbers large enough?

I think it is not only stupid to let go and leave the Mac world (forums etc.) untouched or untold because it destroys many things. If MOS for Mac sales (if I may call it that) turns nothing, Hyperion wouldn't mind doing anything for it either, next MOS platform release will be in 3-4 years, most people still playing UAE on whichever will still live in assumption that Amiga is dead for nearly 20 years.

C'mon man, is the first time such serious figures we're talking, or am I wrong???
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »28.05.09 - 20:16