Topic is Locked
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > People will decide whether or not you twist words.

I guess the same people will decide whether or not you lie.

> people who go back and read that awful thread will realize my
    > depiction of your comments is entirely accurate.

I think they'll rather come to the conclusion that your perception of reality is quite flawed.

> Pega-1's statement includes no reference to May 2007

It includes a reference to the time when Genesi was selling the XGI Volari V3XT/V3XE as part of the Efika Open Client. And this time started, guess when, May 2007. The fact that it started May 2007 remains true even if pega-1 doesn't explicitely refer to "May 2007".

> nor any statement that the first and only work to support the
    > chipset was done for the Efika.

That's funny now as you were the one stating that the Volari driver was started to support the planned "[5200B based] device with the onboard [Volari] graphics that Granny referred to", which was supposed to be one of three different, guess what, *Efika* devices.

> Nor is Pega-1 the only dev to work with gfx drivers.

That's right. The Radeon driver was developed by both pega-1 and Bigfoot:

------------------------------
    Radeon 51.8 (26.09.08)
    ? 2001-2008 by Vision Factory Development and Mark Olsen

But it's not the Radeon driver we're talking about, it's the Volari driver:

VolariV3XT 51.2 (18.11.08)
    ? 2001-2008 by Vision Factory Development

(The reason for the "2001" instead of "2007" or "2008" has already been explained earlier in this thread.)

> You are entirely mischaracterizing that.

I think you are.

> I also didn't say anything about Pega-1 or October 2006.

Exactly *that* is why I'm trying to enlighten you on the facts. It's a *fact* that pega-1 is the developer of the Volari driver for MorphOS, the same way it's a *fact* that the plans for the "[5200B based] device with the onboard [Volari] graphics that Granny referred to" were scrapped no later than October 2006. Why should pega-1 have commenced driver development after October 2006 for a planned project that was abandoned in October 2006? Why should he even have commenced driver development before October 2006 for a plain fantasy board when it was a well known fact (especially to the MorphOS Team) that Genesi have always been more capricious than a woman during her menstruation?

> You are entirely mischaracterizing that.

I think you are.

> All you've done is illustrate that a developer worked on the driver
    > to support a card to be put in the Efika.

No, not "a card to be put in" but "a card that has/had already been put in" when he started work.
    And even if he began before May 2007 to support the Volari card to be put in the Efika Open Client, as you propose, it would still contradict your original statement that "support for this card was begun to support Genesi when they were still [...] involved in [...] the [5200B based] device with the onboard [Volari] graphics that Granny referred to".
    May I consider this a retraction of your original statement then?

> This doesn't rule anything else out, including what I said was my
    > recollection.

Of course it does. The well known Efika with a Volari card in its PCI slot (and without FPGA), which was sold between May 2007 and January 2008, is definately not a fantasy Efika with a Volari GPU (and an FPGA) onboard, wich was presented as a possible future platform between April and October 2006.

> It is a laugh that you are "in love with the truth."

Considering that you seem to put no value whatsoever to the truth, these sentiments of yours are quite understandable.

> You're in love with your own ramblings.

Me being in love with the truth doesn't rule this out, yes ;-)
  • »06.04.09 - 14:11
Topic is Locked