• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

samalex wrote:

Also just a side question, is the application support there enough to run MorphOS as a primary system? Given there's a decent web browser, email client, word processor, etc I can see this being Yes, but just curious if anyone does use their Morph system 100% of the time.

samalex

Depends on waht you want to do. I use MorphOS privately as main system, but not exclusively (there is also Win, Linux and OS X).

Best current browser is OWB. That one does really a alot, but still things like flash or a video plug in are missing. Java applets don't work (no JVM available), too (but fortunately I haven't seen Java applets since ages out there).
    Word processing is generally rather poor, however there is a nice DTP package (pagestream) and you may use google docs with OWB.
    Mailing depends, if you use POP3 then you don't have much of a problem and may chose either simplemail or YAM (they are both good and I use them as my main mailers). SimpleMail does support IMAP too, but a bit limited.
    I use MorphOS as media center in my living room (music and vids), for mailing, surfing my usual sites, do some IRC, read pdfs and so. Also I use some gfx apps and occasionally I try to program this and that, use some audio apps, edit some html or play a game. That's all fine with MorphOS.
    Office stuff I do with my other systems only and I think the mixture to have several systems around is quite relaxing. I use whatever and whenever suits my needs best. Often this is MorphOS, but I have my other systems for a reason.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »03.03.09 - 17:33
    Profile Visit Website