• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    stephen_robinson
    Right, here's my results of my fiddling around with Ram: copy and pasted from another forum...

with 2 gig the Pegasos sometimes does boot, power comes on, but monitor stays blank. Just sometimes, but enough to make it irritaing.

When it does work, MorphOS reports 1.5 gig, and works fine, except when I run memtest it grabs more memory than the system can see and it crashes. But other than that it's alright.

Amiga OS4.1 works, but if I use allocate memory it seems to run out at 1.5 and reports that disk is full if I try to put anything into memory and I get out of memory errors. Both with and without a swap disk partition. Odd, maybe I set it up wrong? But with 1.5gig of real memory who needs swap?

Debian Linux works fine.

With 1.5 gig of memory, Amiga OS and MorphOS are fine, memtest in MorphOS works too. But Debian Linux just goes coo-coo bananas, kernel panics on boot up, from both hard drive and install CD.

So I'm sticking with a single stick of 1 gig memory, intresting experiment, and not a waste of money as I can always stick the other stick into my PC, which I never turn on...

edited to add... Hang on, what's this!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/robinsonworld/Amiga/P1020224.jpg

Hmm... more work required.... I'll get back to you about all this, once I've got to the bottom of this.

[ Edited by stephen_robinson on 2009/3/3 22:21 ]
  • »01.03.09 - 17:57