• Targhan
    Well, if you are going to discuss the possibilities of running on the Xenon or Cell/BE processor due to the install base of a gaming community... The Nintendo Wii has the largest base of users and the Broadway processor, while actually slower than a Pegasos II's G4, is also PPC based. I understand that the general "hope" in this thread is for a faster system, but the Wii's hardware is much closer to the specs used by a netbook (of sorts), which is likely going to pick up steam in the future as more of those devices are deployed throughout the world's business offices.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I find myself looking at the conceptual prospects more than the specifics of running on a given platform. In other words, I find it of interest to see how MorphOS would perform in an environment where there is a smaller processor, but all memory--including data storage--is no longer bound by various mechanical drives (hdd's, cd rom, etc). Basically, the next logical step beyond the EFIKA.

Regarding the CELL, it is to my understanding that the technology hasn't really matured to the level it needs to be for use outside of the IBM/Sony nest. Other than the PS3 world--the thing is more closely related to "Issac Asimov's Foundation" than it is to "National Geographic."
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »05.02.09 - 19:37
    Profile Visit Website