• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    I dont know wtf this subject title means but from reading the thread thought i'd share this:

When we (Genesi) were exhibiting at the SoCal Linux Convention (think it was called SCALE) in Los Angeles, CA we had about 6 full Pegasos 2 (pre odw) workstations deployed with matching LCD monitors. We had a small booth and the event electricians went to all the booths to check how much current we were drawing. (Dont forget IBM and other vendors are there with server racks) Apparently if you have too much wattage you have to pay additional fees or something.. well much to the suprise of the techs, who thought there gear needed recalibration, we were running extremely low wattage. So much so that they stated they have never seen full desktop systems deployed running that low wattage!

Those were hopeful times as we had Dale Rahn (OpenBSD porter for peg2) Sven Luther, bbrv, Paul Adams, and myself showing off the systems. We had great interest and meetings with some top companies like Novell, IBM, Suse, Real Networks and others..

ah so sad now .. :-(
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »03.08.11 - 22:41
    Profile Visit Website