• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Sure, we also needs lots of ram. But while today I rarely load huge gfx from the NASA I load everyday lots of 8 MP gfx - and in neither case I don't like to wait long for the pic to be loaded.
    Therefore with my 1.5 GHz 1 GB Mac Mini I have the impression to have a system that lasts for the next 2-5 years. It seems to be a fine incremental update to my 600MHz G3 which is now more than 6 years old.

As long as Nasa hug images were only loaded for TEST purposes, and my Pegasos + Showgirls could not show it because there is no VIRTUAL MEMORY device on Pegasos + MorphOS and NO PROGRAMS that are built to make use of Virtual Memory, then I think that your problem is due the fact that you load images from standard USB 1.1 port of Peggy that is many times slower than actual USB 2.0.

Try to buy USB 2.0 PCI expansion card supported by Peggy+MOS, and your 8MB images from your digital photocamera will load in nowhile...
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »22.12.08 - 06:12