guruman
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    I'd rather have that for Mac Mini.

The Sam i is pointless, it has no purpose. It has a fraction of the Mac Mini's performance at much higher price. Nobody wants that.

If resources are limited you will have to focus your efforts. I'd say that after the Mac Mini port is here, why not focus the MorphOS porting on the G4 Mac laptops? :-)

I agree about focussing on the MacMini, and then on other PPC Macs (mainly iBooks, PowerBooks and iMac and eMacs with Radeons and G4 CPUs...).
    Moreover, a similar reasoning could have been true for the Efika too (very limited, produced in small batches, altough not so expensive). But we know that the port to the Efika was "sponsored" by Genesi.
    We more or less also know the conditions, and I have to tell for the n-th time that there have been some contacts between ACube and someone from the MorphOS-team. The point is that the MorphOS team made the same offer they made to Genesi for the Efika port, and ACube did not agree with the terms (probably considering the operation too expensive with regards to the possible incomes).
    I think it is just fair that the conditions are the same for both companies, and it is understandable that someone might find them reasonable and someone else won't.
    The final point is, the ball was not only on the MorphOS-team park.

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »07.12.08 - 13:22