• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    quoted from a post Piru wrote in an A.org post that is linked to above:

Quote:

At least for the moment this does not include the built-in WLAN (airport). Of course having support for the built-in WLAN would be the optimum solution, and it may be that this will be looked into in the future.

So from that statement I would assume that no work has been done and probably not even started on, for supporting the built-in AirPort Extreme in the G4 PowerBook's that are supported, and IIRC, the AirPort Extreme is also used inside the G4 MacMini models. I think that most of the G4 PowerMac's used the regular AirPort cards, not the AirPort Extreme, except maybe the FW800 model, which might have used the AirPort Extreme.

Since the regular Airport cards use a Prism2 compatible chipset, I have been hopeful that the regular AirPort card in my dual 1.25GHz G4 PowerMac could be supported by a MorphOS driver some time in the future, but the Prism2 driver that works on wireless PCMCIA cards for A1200's & A600's might not be easy to port to the Mac's regular PCMCIA AirPort card in a G4 PowerMac, which Apple made with a different pin layout electrically than a regular PCMCIA card, even though they both use the same socket type.

Having the AirPort Extreme that is inside the G4 PowerBook's and AFAIK also inside the G4 MacMini's supported by MorphOS3.x would be a very good use of programming resources.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »15.06.12 - 05:26