• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

gaz_god wrote:
    The airport slot in the G4 is physically the same as a normal pcmcia slot unfortunately is not electronically the same (apple swapped a couple of pins to stop people buying far cheaper network cards and to make them airport cards). Though if my memory is correct if you get an airport card for it is just a re branded and rewired gold card so should be supported by the prism2 driver.

I could test it as I have a number of airport cards but I'm working away from home at the moment and wont be back to the cards or my G4 for a couple of weeks. Although I never did get the Netgear card working in my Peg :(

Gaz

Really?!? I think I remember reading something like that a long time ago, so that makes sense the way Apple is always trying to control what their customers buy and make an extra buck on everything.

I have an Airport card in my G4 PowerMac, so if it really is Prism2 compatible it would be easier to get it working if someone could just write the code to make MorphOS2.x recognize and support the G4 PowerMac's Airport slot. That is probably a whole lot less work than writing native wireless support Airport card drivers for MorphOS2.x to use and support for the slot in the G4 PowerMac (and later for the G4 PowerBooks) would still be required as part of getting any wireless NIC PCMCIA card working. Assuming that the Amiga 68k Prism2 driver works from MorphOS2.x.

I'll have to go back and re-read the thread about the guy running MorphOS1.x on his PPC A1200 and trying to get his Prism2 wireless NIC working to see if he had any success.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.03.11 - 20:21