• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tronman
    So the not-so-trustee forty gig hard drive in my PegII died :-( May God rest its soul along with all those mp3s..

Stay away from Hitachi Deskstars, btw, I've now had two of them go tits up in a year..

It's now getting to the point where it is hard to find a sub-130 gig drive, and I can get a 200 gig drive for about seventy bucks. So, if I get such a drive, can I just format the whole thing with MOS toolkit? Do I have to break it up into a boatload of four gig chunks? Or, can I just have like 100 for MOS and the other hundred for Linux if I'd like, or can the whole thing be MOS?

I know that much space is overkill until firewire port drivers and modern video edit software comes to MorphOS, but I'm just wondering what the limitations are with modern, huge capacity drives. I can get 300+ gigs now so cheap, it's more worth it to just not use the whole drive than it is to try and find a small drive these days.

Edit: This is on a PegasosII G4 by the way, if that matters in terms of the hardware and 137+ gig drives. Does it?

[ Edited by Tronman on 2007/11/26 21:53 ]
  • »27.11.07 - 05:52
    Profile Visit Website