Widescreen Resolutions on MorphOS
  • Just looking around
    HydroUK
    Im having some issues with 1280 x 768 on my morphos box. I have it to fit the screen at the resolution but the text seams to be off.Thier is slight interferance with characters that makes them look kinda blocky and i have no clue how to get this correct.

Has anyone got 1280x768 looking good?
  • »19.10.06 - 15:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    hello,

this is working pretty well on MorphOS, just edit the screen modes in system settings, and you should make it working pretty simply, by just entering correct values of the lcd display...

bye, MarK.
  • »19.10.06 - 17:57
  • Just looking around
    HydroUK
    well this is what i had to do so far. so i don't quite get what u mean. my issue is getting my text looking correct and i have been fidling for hours with no joy
  • »19.10.06 - 18:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Motosampy
    1280x768 looks perfect here.
    Have you tride changing fonts ? could it be your monitor ?
    I have my PegII connected to a 26" LCD tv via DVI, have seen problems with HDMI and many tv panels do not support 1280x768 but 1366x768... And I've seen very poor picture quality when computer connected to a lcd tv via VGA cabel. Also seen some problems with lCD monitors not supporting all resolutions, try the max values your monitor can handle
  • »19.10.06 - 18:19
  • Just looking around
    HydroUK
    yea well this monitor is fine under linux performs well but the same mode line in morphos is causing an issue with only text, games are okish as some resolutions dont output right but im not fussed about games so much. just this annoying issue, i think it might be the phase but im not sure really
  • »19.10.06 - 18:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    Did you set the Font Antialias settings in Systemprefs from CRT to LCD???
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »19.10.06 - 21:08
  • Just looking around
    HydroUK
    Well this was already set as a was on a TFT before but i have given up now hehe. 1024x768 seams to be ok tbh so i will stick with it

Thanks for all the replies!!
  • »19.10.06 - 21:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    I don't understand what the real problem is here. Would be nice to see a screenshot or a photo of the actual effect, so we can help into the proper direction.

My wild guess is that you use an analog cable for your TFT and the resolution under MorphOS might be the same as the Linux resolution in size, but not in frequency which causes signal shadowing with the analoge cable. If you don't see problems on your Linux side you could try to edit the Mode under MorphOS to match the Linux mode specs (horiz. and vert. frequency etc.). But in the end you should simply get a DVI cable (it's worth all its money when using a TFT!).

regards,
    tokai
  • »20.10.06 - 10:01
    Profile Visit Website