• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:
    Quote:

Well, at least it's known (and accepted, how strange as it may sound) how poor those A1 configurations work. I think a 1.7GHz 7448 for the A1 is bound to surprise with an even worse situation, at a much higher price ...

useless trolling.

Oh yeah?

Then how about this: The A1 was a piece of crap. No, I take that back, it was a *sorry excuse* for crap; calling the A1 crap is an *insult* to all the decent crap out there! It was an ugly scam that was allowed to go on for three bloody generations of hardware, *despite* known flaws. Three generations of early-prototype class hardware that *never* worked as advertised, sold to consumers not knowing better, deceived by a tragic phenomenom called "AmigaWorld.net" where a handful of people had the devine power to decide what was true or not, like shepherds guiding their flock of sheep. Unsuspecting consumers was deceived to pay a shitload of money for worthless junk, fully believing it was good hardware, with real quality, and real warranty, but they ended up with a dead-end piece of junk that started to fall in pieces within a year in many cases, with no warranty, no spare parts, no path ahead, no *nothing*. And its mother company simply took the money, wrote up some crappy goodbye message, and simply *turned its back* to its customers.

The AmigaOne is probably the darkest episode in the Amiga history. It would have been a freakin joke if it hadn't been so tragic. In a way it was more tragic than both Commodores and Escoms bankruptcies, since it was done in such a coldhearted, elaborate and calculating manner. It caused unrecoverable damage to what was left of the Amiga brand, platform, reputation and community. The whole thing would probably be considered as criminal by any court of law. And I just saw that a few of the responsible people are still there at AW, now working the masses again, preparing, clearing the road for a second (the fourth really) round of scamming. And the sheep are cheering! Unbelievable!

If I would have to choose between the two current vapour/hoax solutions, the Troika or the ACK, then I would choose Troika.

Why? Because:

-You would have to be a complete screw-up of a HW designer to mess up a simple TSI107+G3 solution.

-But no matter how genious you are at designing hardware, you *can't* achieve *anything else* than a mess with anything #?Articia#?, it's simply not possible!

Anyway, am I the only one thinking this whole thread is kind of Off Topic here at MorphZone? I agree with Robin above:

Quote:

Robin wrote:
    Couldnt care less for cards I cant use,
    that are not ready for sale and dont work in my pegasos.

So the price really doesnt matter ...

/back to waiting mode until I can complain about
    too expensive pegasos/morphos expansions ... (and buy it no matter
    what the price is ;-) )

Please people, let's end this discussion about AmigaOne, because is it really relevant here? There exists both moobunny and AW.net if anyone wants to discuss this hardware any further ...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »24.04.06 - 23:02