• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    @ AciII and Magnetic.

You both just missed the point.

I don't care a full "wood-made club" of the price of AmigaONE.

(translated in italian is a slightly rude expression)

I don't need to buy any AmigaONE.

I just want a CPU upgrade for my Pegasos and I find with disappoint that AmigaONE now has it.

I think we should wait and see, because even if the price is actually extremely high...

...Because then the price could drop, if a certain amount of these upgrade cards will be sold.

More! The price of such an ACK device ported to Pegasos will drop for sure if only a Pegasos version could be made, because there are plenty of Pegasi users who want to upgrade their machines.

Think this fact:

Genesi don't want to build any 7448 Upgrade CPU card, because they find it is way too expensive?

Good. No problem at all.

ACK could manifacture these cards for us with Genesi permission.

I ask Genesi if they could contact ACK, so they could verify for us if these cards are good made.

...and then they could start an agreement with ACK, in order to let this firm produce Pegasos Upgrade cards with MPC7448 at 1,7 GHz!

Genesi doesn't want to produce the 7448 card for Pegasos due to high prices, and they fear the risk to sell only a few of these cards? Then ACK could made it.

Simply and easy.

This will made all of us satisfied.

1) Genesi which does not want to produce these upgrade cards, then it could license ACK to made some, and again, MORE, they could help ACK to purchase entire batches of PPC MPC 7448 at a reasonbable price from Freescale which is a partner of Genesi.

Do you know it. It is just like outsourcing.

The price for the end user will drop, but all the risk to sell the upgrade cards will stay then on ACK shoulders.

(*NO* problem at all for Genesi if ACK Pegasos upgrade cards will not match our market requests)

2) ACK could ask for external support by Genesi to purchase MPC 7448 MPC CPUs from freescale, and will receive concrete help in technical design to produce this HYPOTETICAL upgrade card for Pegasos.
    So consequently, the price of this upgrade device will drop noteworthy.

And their cards will be sold with the external control by Genesi to match their standard of quality.

3) Us the Pegasos users, could purchase upgrade cards for our machine from ACK at a noticeable reduced cost from its starting placement on the market as AmigaONE device, and we will give really new life and horsepower to Pegasos II.

Think only the fact that ACK could became the first third part manifacturer of Amiga upgrades (for any kind of Amiga-Like platforms, both AmigaONE and Pegasos) to stay again on the market as once upon a time GVP and Phase V are used to do.

IMHO is a good thing, not a bad thing.

It is the strongest signal of the rebirth of an Amiga third part hardware market since a veeeery loooooong time.

But let's give them a chance.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2006/4/24 3:20 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »24.04.06 - 03:17