• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    ACK, the hardware firm which is building Power Vixxen motherboards announced availability of some Upgrade CPU cards for microAmigaONE.

The PPC on these cards are clocked at 1Ghz (maybe 1,5 GHZ minimum) the first one card, and 1.7Ghz the second one card.

Availability starting from 22 of may.

Announced prices are US$ 500,00 for 1Ghz model (405 euro), and US$ 850.00 for 1.7Ghz model (690 Euro).
    Prices include cooling fan system already mounted.

News forwarded from Massimilano Tretene of Soft3 shop here:

On Ikir Sector News Italy.
    [For italian readers only]

I wonder if these upgrade cards will work flawlessly.

I think that us Pegasos users should sit and see, because then, if these cards will reveal themselves to be good, so we all could ask ACK to produce upgrade cards for Pegasos models too.

You know why.

Just because some times ago there was a thread in which Genesi people stated that upgrade cards for Pegasos based on MPC 7448, will be availble (if they had had decided to bulid some) only on new complete Pegasos machines, and not as standalone upgrades.

So I think we should wait.

If these upgrades for ACK will be for real and will be good, then it could be an opportunity even for us from Pegasos side too...

Because a PPC CPU card, it could be adapted in a few spare time to work on our systems too.

Enjoy it and stay tuned for Pegasos upgrades.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2006/4/23 19:49 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »23.04.06 - 19:45