• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pixie
    @takemehomegrandma:
    Quote:

Quote:

but this is not the proper way to make business.

No offence buddy, but I think it's funny to see a supporter of the AmigaInc troika (AInc + Eyetech + Hyperion), as well as the *other* "Troika", etc, lecturing Genesi about business practice! ;-) Maybe your expert knowledge could be used as a consultant to *those* companies instead? :-P

But one can still say it being or not a "AmigaInc troika (AInc + Eyetech + Hyperion) supporter" and still don't agree with some of BBRV... :roll: methods... :-P
    Quote:

@ dolen

Quote:

I wish there were just one community.

IMHO, there is only one community. MorphOS, AmigaOS, AROS, Amiga Emulators, etc is what unites us and differs us from other platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. Different flavours perhaps, but still the same fundamental interest.

Precisly!
    Quote:

Quote:

It seems like there are much more activity on the OS4 side and I really like that community.

Surely, you must be talking about the web forums now instead of the underlying community? AW.net compared to MorphZone.org, right? But when you compare those forums, you should also look at the content and not only the activity. The AW posting style is more like IRC than a traditional forum, there can be a couple of people sitting a few hours "chatting" to each other, hitting reload every minute, sometimes adding nothing but a smiley or so to the discussion. IMHO, the quality of the posts on MorphZone is higher, more thought through, and the site doesn't suffer from the disturbing "noise" seen on AW. I think the MZ style is good and very pleasant. There is always the IRC as a complement for killing some time with online chatting ...

It's like comparing oranges with apples, both have diferent porposes, and both has the same kind of posts, you can also have good techinc discussion [see recent thread about an interview to Dave Hayne] but Amigaworld has more traffic/visibility and different 'agendas' to persue, which is not a bad thing, just something it is...
    pixie - writing from a paradise called Portugal
  • »20.01.06 - 01:26