What about the avaiablility of the G series procs?
  • Just looking around
    dmc12
    I've been away from the Pegesos scene for a couple of months (been really busy) so forgive me me for being un-informed...

A guy at a PC store told me the other day that "since Apple isn't using the G series processors anymore, the motherboards like the pegesos will no longer be able to be made". Is this true? Will the pegesos and the A1 continue, or is this the end?
  • »23.11.05 - 16:36
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    Nothing could be further from the truth...

R&B :-)
  • »23.11.05 - 16:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    tarbos
    >A guy at a PC store told me the other day that "since Apple isn't using the G series processors anymore,
    >the motherboards like the pegesos will no longer be able to be made". Is this true?

Let me guess, he intended to sell you a PC? ;-)
    He is right in some (different) way since Pegasos' MPC7447 CPU is being phased out now
    and we (or rather the producers of the open hardware) will need a certified replacement.

>Will the pegesos and the A1 continue, or is this the end?

The A1 question is a good one, but for other reasons.

[ Edited by tarbos on 2005/11/24 9:01 ]
  • »24.11.05 - 00:40
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    winterhunter
    Since the MPC7447A CPU is a pin-for-pin replacement for the 7447, it should be of little concern to the Pegasos (except, of course, that someone has to actually manufacture a MPC7447A CPU card).

So the whole question lies on whether someone will take the challenge of continuing the Peg line, or if everyone will just leave it to die.
  • »24.11.05 - 08:47
    Profile Visit Website